What you’ll need:
A metal tape measure
A step ladder
Pen and paper
Overall room measurement
- Width x height of walls = Overall room measurement
Overall door and window measurement
2. Width x height of doors and windows = Overall door and window measurement
3. Overall room measurement – Overall door and window measurement = Wall space to be painted
4. Wall space x 2 (for two coats) + a little for touch ups = Total
5. Total ¸ m²/l number on your paint tin = Number of liters of paint you need for your project
These steps can also be used to calculate how much paint you need for ceilings and floors.
Pick the perfect paint for your project with our essential guide to finishes.